Newton Falls Church Mouse
NF Backpack Program
We sponsor NF Backpack program currently. The backpack program was spearheaded by local downtown businesses on Make a Difference Day in 2010. It was designed to supplement food over the weekend with kid-friendly, non-perishable foods. Read more about it here!
This past tax season we collected $412 plus lots of snacks. The program is starting back up and people can drop off donations at our office. See our list of accepted groceries.
The March of Dimes is about all babies-those born healthy and those who need help to survive and thrive. We've been protecting the health of babies for 70 years. From Pioneering genetic research to promoting folic acid or fighting for lifesaving newborn screening and finding the causes of premature birth, the March of Dimes continue to champion the needs of moms and babies.
March of Dimes has touched your life if:
- Your baby received a vaccine to prevent Polio
- Your baby received critical newborn screening to check for potentially dangerous but treatable conditions
- You took folic acid before and during early pregnancy to prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord
- You had a premature baby who spent time in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) or was treated with surfactant therapy, a lifesaving treatment developed with March of Dimes research grants
- You had a healthy baby due in part to good prenatal care at home and from your doctor
Did you know March of Dimes:
- Is one of America's best known and most respectable charitable organizations
- Was founded in 1938 by President Franklin D Roosevelt
- Meets Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance Standards: 77 cents out of every dollar spent funds our mission-one of the highest rates of any not-for-profit
- Has offices in all 50 states, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico
- To learn more about the March of Dimes, visit marchofdimes.com or nacersano.org
Through in office donations, change buckets in the community, and help from our family and friends our office has raised over $4500 for the March of Dimes since Feb. 2008.
Valentine's For Troops
An organization founded by Shauna Fleming, age 19 as a way to boost the spirit and moral of our troops. With the help and support of our community we were able to send out over 200 valentines last winter. This year we are looking forward to participating once again and hope to double the number of valentines sent to our troops.
Valentines for Troops is a great project for any group such as: churches, scouts, classrooms, or just as a nice way to spend an afternoon as a family. Those in our area are then welcome to drop their valentines off at our office and we will cover the cost of shipping.
GUIDELINES FOR HANDMADE VALENTINES:
- Any size Valentine will be accepted.
- Please do not use glitter on Valentines
- Unfortunately, candy or other food items cannot be accepted and should not be included or attached to cards.
- Military personnel love to communicate with us! You can include your name, address or email address if you so desire.
- Photos of the sender, sender's family, church, or classroom participants can add a personal touch to your card. Photos must be appropriate.
- The more positive the message the better! Care should be taken not to refer to anything that may cause grief or uneasiness to the military reader. (i.e., "I hope you don't get killed" or "Do you miss your family?")
Shelter Puppies is a group of volunteers whose mission is to rescue unwanted puppies from private homes, shelters, and the local dog pound, provide them with veterinary care, spay/neuter, begin obedience training, and place them in a forever home. Shelter Puppies, Inc is a 501(c)3 non-profit business. Visit us here: http://www.shelterpuppies.org/
RED shirts of Fridays
We support our troops / service personnel in a variety of ways. We remember to wear RED shirts of Fridays (Remember Everyone Deployed) http://redshirtfridays.org/